Xenogenital is a form of altersex referring to individuals who wish to have nonhuman sex characteristics and/or genitalia, or individuals who prefer to conceptualize or imagine their sex characteristics and/or genitalia as alien or otherwise nonhuman. This can be any form of sex characteristics that are not normally found in humans. Imagining oneself with alien sex characteristics may reduce disconnect, dysphoria, or cause euphoria for the individual.
The term is commonly used by xenic and otherkin individuals, but anyone can use it, as not all xenic and otherkin people are xenogenital and not all xenogenital people are xenic or otherkin. This term could also be useful for non-human alters within systems.
This term is very vast in nature, and holds many possibilities for how one may visualize or desire their genitals, however some specific subsets exist and are listed below.
- Astrogenital: someone who desires space-related genitals.
- Cyberex: someone who desires a sex that is digital.
- Faunagenital: someone who desires animal-related genitals.
- Floragenital: someone who desires plant-related genitals.
- Machinex: someone who desires a sex that is robotic, mechanical, and made of mechanical/robot pieces.
- Morphisex: someone who desires sex traits that are able to morph, change, and/or retract.
The xenogenital flag was designed by Tumblr user fathermartinarchimbaud on or before January 21, 2018. It has no confirmed meaning.
The alternate flag was created by an anonymous wiki user on October 22, 2020. It uses colors based on the xenogender flag.
The prefix xeno- means 'other' or 'different in origin.'