- Being woman-aligned, woman-related, or feminine-aligned.
- Being bigender or otherwise multigender with at least one gender being female or related to female.
- Being a non-binary person who identifies partially as a woman (demigirl).
- Being genderfluid primarily between female and non-binary.
- Being gendervast and having a gender that can be described as non-binary and female.
- Having a gender that is similar to, but not the same as, binary female.
- Being in someway connected to womanhood without being a woman, such as having experiences similar to that of a woman.
- Being non-binary but feeling comfortable with she/her pronouns and/or a feminine presentation, and calling oneself a woman to express that association.
The male counterpart is Non-Binary Man.
Flag and Symbols
The non-binary girl flag was designed by DeviantArt user Pride-Flags on January 17, 2017. Red represents "girl" and yellow represents non-binary. Orange represents a mix of girl and non-binary.
An alternate flag was design by Brokenwings11ofnone on February 5, 2017. The color meanings are unknown, but are likely similar to the previous flag, though they are laid out similarly to the non-binary flag.
The second alternate flag was designed by Pride-Flags on DeviantArt and published on July 4, 2015.
The non-binary woman symbol was created by Tumblr user nbandproud on August 9, 2018. It is the female (Venus) symbol with an asterisk in the circle, coming from the non-binary symbol.