Lunarian, also called a lunar non-binary person, is a non-binary gender/gender alignment from the galactian alignment system. In many cultures around the world the moon is personified as a woman, or is associated with feminine energy, so lurarian is used to refer to non-binary people who are woman-aligned and/or feminine-aligned. A lunarian is someone who has similarities in identity or experience with women. Possible examples of lunarian experiences include:
- Someone who is partial a woman.
- Someone who has some connection to womanhood, without being a woman.
- Someone who has a gender similar to, but not the same as a woman.
- Someone who is fingender/connected to femininity while not being a woman or having a connection to womanhood.
- A non-binary person who presents femininely (regardless of their actual gender).
- Someone connected to womanhood through their experience with society. They may be treated as and/or have experiences similar to that of a woman.
The term is meant to be a less easily abused form of "female aligned". Since there is no consistent definition of gender alignment, there is no consistent definition of lunarian. Some non-binary people may fit some of these experiences but do not identify as lunarian.
Flag[edit | edit source]
The lunarian flag was posted on Tumblr on November 30, 2016.
The purple stripes of the flag represent the varying levels in which people can experience being lunarian. The yellow stripe represent the non-binary nature of this gender. Black represents those with no gender. Grey represents the varying levels in which people can experience gender.
The two shades of pink are for varying levels of feeling feminine, the two white stripes are for feeling more non-binary, and the black stripe is for feeling agender or without gender.