Lithromantic (also called akoiromantic) is a romantic orientation on the aromantic spectrum. Someone who is lithromantic may experience romantic attraction but does not want it reciprocated. The lithromantic person may be uncomfortable at the thought of someone being romantically attracted to them, or they may lose their romantic feelings if they learn it's reciprocated. As such, lithromantics do not feel compelled to seek out a romantic relationship. Like with any romantic orientation, lithromantics can have any sexual orientation. Some things lithromantics may experience:
- Feeling romantic attraction that fades upon being reciprocated
- Fantasizing about being in a romantic relationship with someone, but preferring the relationship in theory rather than in reality
- Feeling discomfort when being in a romantic relationship with one they're romantically attracted to
- Experiencing romantic attraction but not wanting it reciprocated
- Feeling romantically attracted to someone, but losing interest in the potential partner/relationship when it becomes a reality
Lithromantic can be a romantic orientation on its own or can combined with other orientations. For example, one could be lithromantic and homoromantic, meaning that when one does experience romantic attraction it's only towards people of the same gender.
The sexual counterpart to lithromantic is lithosexual.
Lithromanticism can be considered the opposite of Cupioromantic, which is when you are aromantic but still desire a romantic relationship.
Due to a claim of appropriating lesbian culture the term lithromantic has been replaced with akoiromantic. Currently both terms are used interchangeably.