The galactian alignment system was a gender system created for non-binary people to describe their gender without having to use binary terms such as 'masculine' or 'woman-aligned'. Not all non-binary people use the galactian alignment system.
The theme of space used in the galactian system was chosen because space is genderless, but aspects of it are often personified to have gender for artistic, religious, or cultural reasons. Non-binary people have also historically been associated with space. This is not to be confused with the celestial system or Xenogenders, as the galactian alignment system used the theme of space only as a naming scheme.
The Galactian Genders[edit | edit source]
- Aurorian: Fluid between alignments.
- Lunarian: Feminine aligned.
- Solarian: Masculine aligned.
- Singularian: Rejecting all ties to any alignment.
- Stellarian: Neutral aligned or unaligned.
Combination Alignments:[edit | edit source]
- Annulian: Xenic, stellarian, and solarian.
- Eclipsian: Lunarian and solarian.
- Galaxian: Lunarian, solarian, and stellarian.
- Meteorian: Xenic, solarian, and lunarian.
- Nebularian: Lunarian and stellarian.
- Novarian: Solarian and stellarian.
- Penumbrian: Xenic, stellarian, and lunarian.
- Phoenixian: Xenic and stellarian.
- Siderealian: Xenic, lunarian, solarian, and stellarian.
- Universian: Xenic, lunarian, solarian, stellarian, and singularian/agender aligned
Demi-Alignments:[edit | edit source]
- Celestian: Partly stellarian.
- Constellian: Partly galaxian.
- Daenixian: Partly annulian.
- Dawnian: Partly solarian.
- Duenixian: Partly penumbrian.
- Duskian: Partly lunarian.
- Equinoxian: Partly nebularian.
- Hafian: Partly phoenixian.
- Solstian: Partly novarian.
- Synodian: Partly siderealian.
- Twilightian: Partly eclipsian.
- Umbrian: Partly meteorian.
- Wanian: Partly xenic-feminine.
- Waxian: Partly xenic-masculine.
History[edit | edit source]
The terms used in the galactian alignment system were coined in August and September of 2016 on a Discord server with several Tumblr users. Around the same time Tumblr users Nonbinary-sapphic and Vergess made a post explaining the galactian system. The combinations of the main three terms, stellarian, solarian, and lunarian, were coined soon afterward.
The term singularian was later coined in March 2017 by Tumblr user Stellunarian.
The system was later expanded by System-Lgbt on July 25, 2018, to include more demigender versions of the alignments. Terms added include: twilightian, equinoxian, solstian, constellian and aurorian. They also created updated flags for dawnian, duskian, and celestian.
In 2019 the system was expanded again, mainly by Uncommongenders to include xenic-alignments. Added terms include: meteorian, penumbrian, annulian, siderealian, waxian, wanian, hafian, umbrian, synodian, phoenixian, duenixian and daenixian. However, no terms currently exist using the galactian alignment system for purely xenic-aligned, xenic-masculine aligned, and xenic-feminine aligned genders.
Resources[edit | edit source]