The galactian alignment system is a gender system created for non-binary individuals to describe their gender without having to use binary terms such as "masculine" or "woman-aligned". Not all non-binary individuals use the galactian alignment system.
The theme of space used in the galactian system was chosen because space is genderless, but aspects of it are often individualified to have gender for artistic, religious, or cultural reasons. Non-binary individuals have also historically been associated with space. This is not to be confused with the celestial system or xenogenders, as the galactian alignment system uses the theme of space only as a naming scheme.
The Galactian Genders
- Aurorian: Fluid between alignments.
- Lunarian: Feminine aligned
- Solarian: Masculine aligned
- Singularian: Rejecting all ties to any alignment
- Stellarian: Neutral aligned or unaligned
- Spacialian: Xenine aligned
- Novirian: Fluid between male and non-binary identities
- Annulian: Spacialian, stellarian, and solarian
- Eclipsian: Lunarian and solarian
- Galaxian: Lunarian, solarian, and stellarian
- Meteorian: Spacialian, solarian, and lunarian
- Nebularian: Lunarian and stellarian
- Novarian: Solarian and stellarian
- Penumbrian: Spacialian, stellarian, and lunarian
- Phoenixian: Spacialian and stellarian
- Siderealian: Spacialian, lunarian, solarian, and stellarian
- Universian: Spacialian, lunarian, solarian, stellarian, and singularian
- Cometian: Spacialian and Lunarian
- Pistolian: Spacialian and Solarian
- Atmosian: Partly spacialian
- Celestian: Partly stellarian
- Constellian: Partly galaxian
- Daenixian: Partly annulian
- Dawnian: Partly solarian
- Duenixian: Partly penumbrian
- Duskian: Partly lunarian
- Equinoxian: Partly nebularian
- Hafian: Partly phoenixian
- Solstian: Partly novarian
- Synodian: Partly siderealian
- Twilightian: Partly eclipsian
- Umbrian: Partly meteorian
- Wanian: Partly cometian
- Waxian: Partly pistolian
- Helian: Solarian man-aligned but not necessarily masculine-aligned.
- Phoebian: Solarian masculine-aligned but not necessarily man-aligned.
- Selenian: Lunarian woman-aligned but not necessarily feminine-aligned.
- Artemian: Lunarian feminine-aligned but not necessarily woman-aligned.
The galactian alignment flag was created by Wikia user @tired-axolotl on April 6, 2021. The orange stripe represents solarians, maroon represents singularians, dark purple represents lunarians, light purple represents spacialians, dark green represents stellarians, and light green represents aurorians. The white stripe represents individuals who have combinations of alignments. The yellow, black, and gray stripes are in every non-combination galactian flag. Like in the other flags, yellow represents the non-binary nature of individuals who use the galactian alignment system, the black represents genderlessness, and the gray represents varying degrees of gender.
The terms used in the galactian alignment system were coined in August and September of 2016 on a Discord server with several Tumblr users. Around the same time Tumblr users Nonbinary-sapphic and Vergess made a post explaining the galactian system. The combinations of the main three terms, stellarian, solarian, and lunarian, were coined soon afterward.
The term singularian was later coined in March 2017 by Tumblr user Stellunarian.
The system was later expanded by System-Lgbt on July 25, 2018, to include more demigender versions of the alignments. Terms added include: twilightian, equinoxian, solstian, constellian and aurorian. They also created updated flags for dawnian, duskian, and celestian.
In 2019 the system was expanded again, mainly by Uncommongenders to include xenine-alignments. Added terms include: meteorian, penumbrian, annulian, siderealian, waxian, wanian, hafian, umbrian, synodian, phoenixian, duenixian and daenixian. However, no terms currently exist using the galactian alignment system for purely xenine-aligned, xenine-masculine aligned, and xenine-feminine aligned genders.
In 2020, a reddit and tumblr user by the name of gwhy334 made a post listing some new terms for xenic-aligned genders. Added terms include: Spacialian, Cometian, Pistolian, and Atmosian/Atmospherian.
List of Flags
The following is a list of flags for visual reference (most flags by either mogai-trender-sideblog's format, 4874deceive's format, or batnulled's format):